Most of the time he only says Mama when asked to
So our car insurance co. called the other day to verify correct information on our account. They asked about Joe's job, his rank, and then proceeded to ask, "And you're a homemaker, right?" Why did that comment catch me off guard? The outdated terminology? The question I posed to myself...do I make a home? I suppose...but most days it doesn't seem like it. Sure most days I can do 15 minutes of cardio, a shower, morning kitchen clean-up, and brush teeth (and that's just me stuff. Don't forget all that comes with taking care of a 14 month old...feeding, clothing, diapering, playing, bringing to play areas, etc.) I am lucky to have dinner ready in the evening, and real lucky to get to watch any recorded DVR shows...read...Ha! (I am trying to read though). Sometimes I do say, "forget the dishes and the milk spilled floor. I'm watching Oprah, damn it!".
On other "Katie" notes, I got my haircut yesterday. Most of you know I'm not a short hair girl. My hair is just at the shoulders now. I know haircuts usually make you feel better afterward. But this time I felt so much weight just dropping off me, it was great. Although it is still in it's salon blow-dried state...who knows what will come when I wash it. Yes, I will wash it, besides, they always con you into buying product for it anyway (which was easy with a gift certificate in hand). If you haven't visited the salon lately for hair, nails, massage, whatever, get your fanny over there! You deserve it.
1 comment:
I got my hair cut on Saturday, actually. It was my first visit in 10 months. That is a little sad. You should have told the car guy you are a domestic executive, you know, the ceo of homelife.
Post a Comment