Sunday, October 26, 2008

refreshed & reminiscent

Many years ago I took my first yoga class. I was fresh out of college, at a job that had nothing to do with my new degree, and was itching to take any kind of class again. So, a friend & I signed up for yoga and photography at the local Community college. Us girls giggled at first as we twisted our bodies into some partner poses. But when I left that room that night, I had never felt so completely alert and completely relaxed. I knew it felt awesome and I was hooked.
And so, eleven years later, with yoga having been in and out of my life (mostly in with phases of out), I am feeling renewed. I am remembering full force how deeply passionate I am about yoga and how much I LOVE teaching. I'm so excited to start teaching again that I had trouble sleeping. I am now one of the yoga teachers at a brand new (gorgeous) studio a couple miles from my house. The grand opening is next month and I'll post its website as soon as I can. I guess I'm just happy and I wanted to share this with you. Thank you.

Ahhh, memories...this was my yoga graduation in 2004...me & some of my mentors...


Shield your eyes on this one, but yoga did help me through pregnancy.
Robin is well. Grammy is here visiting, hence the fingerpainting.

Yesterday we took a trip to the pumpkin patch.



No comments: