Monday, September 20, 2010

School, friends and fun

Okay, the big day arrived...Robin's 1st day of preschool. He didn't seem nervous at all and was pretty excited. I did well, but did have to use the cell phone immediately after dropping him off. First call:Joe...but he was in the middle of a meeting, 2nd call:Mom. She empathized and just warned me that high school and college graduation will be worse. He's growing up. So, it went well. I only teared up, no tears for him, and I ran about a million errands before throwing the groceries in the fridge in order to pick him up in time. I can get used to that break. The second day I even took a yoga class.

Ready to walk in to school.

He starts his day in the playroom complete with water table and more. The nice thing about school is that it is a Co-Op and I volunteer about once a month. Today (9/23) was my first day as a helper parent. I really enjoyed seeing him in the environment, and getting a feel for how their day goes. I used to be a preschool art teacher and I think I forgot how much fun it can be. Yes, I'm one of those people who actually likes other people's kids too.

Tom, Amy & Olin came by to see us late last week. Amy had work in Yorktown so down came the whole crew. We had a great time and I think we should have been better about taking photos, but I squeezed in a few.

Yes, that is a child's play hard hat that Tom is wearing.


Watch out, kids, there's a new Bounce House in Williamsburg. It really is the cleanest, best one we've been to. It's great for super hot days (Today is 95 degrees! Yesterday we went to the beach.) and when it starts to get very cold too.

Sunday we took advantage of Member Appreciation weekend at Busch Gardens. Still warm out, Robin got soaked, played hard, rode rides, played balloon darts and ate sweets. We got $30 in free gift cards to Lowe's. Thanks, BG.




The swings were one of my favorite rides when I was a kid. Robin meets the height requirement, but of course he wanted Dad to ride. I'll get a turn next time.

Ooo, I got to go to a "yoga" concert Tuesday night. It was awesome! I had the lyrics to one of her songs henna tattooed on my belly when I was pregnant.

No comments: