Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Happy Birthday, my little boy

So, the pictures I will post later. The last day or two have got me thinking about Robinson's birth and the hours leading up to it and after it. I remember so much of it so vividly and so much of it...well I guess not so vividly. Water breaking at 5am...and it was no 1/2 cupful, L&M childbirth class! It was more like a couple gallons. Waiting, waiting, dealing, breathing, being medicated, pushing for hours, and being cut open at 2:30 the next morning to get Robinson into this world. And even though after there was the no eating solids until you know what, the bloating (I was unrecognizable-thanks for not saying so if you visited us in the hospital or shortly after), the pain from the incision, and other things, there was this little tiny beautiful baby. I can't believe a year has been lived by him already. Happy Birthday, Robin River. I love you.

no conehead comments...poor kid was being unsuccessfully jammed through a pelvis.

2 comments:

Amy said...

A year.. yes, hard to beleive. He was a cutie pie even with the cone head. And you were as beautiful as ever. Happy Birthday Robin... keep and eye on the mail.

apea said...

Happy Birthday darling Robinson! You are lucky to have such a brave and loving mother and a very cool Dad.

And, you looked beautiful in the hospital, I remember it well!

Congratulations on a wonderful year!