Monday, December 21, 2009

Holy forgotten blog, Batman!

Are you telling me I haven't posted anything since early October? Sorry family & friends who actually still check in on us. Let's see...

October was good. We pumpkin carved.

And trick-or-treated with our Dubnansky friends in Chesapeake.

You might recognize Batman and Batgirl (me). Joe went as Nightwing...for those of you who aren't blessed with comic book fans in your house, Robin leaves Batman and becomes Nightwing.

We stayed up so late and had so much sugar, that waking up the next morning was not happening.

We also met Kyle at The VA Living Museum. Lots of fun and room to run.




Then it was off to New England for Thanksgiving. We visited Jenn & Rish in their new house. Here are the cousins...look at Priya eating her cookie and the tiny pot belly. SO CUTE!

Joe, Jenn & Rishi

We stayed at the Ocean Edge Resort in Brewster. I lived in Brewster from age 1 until age 11. Whenever we would drive by, I was awed at how fancy the place looked, like a castle on the water. Never thought I'd step foot in it. Thank you off-season rates, and being in a position to afford things we never could growing up. I suppose I should thank my hard-working husband too. Grammy & Robin at the hotel.

Walking to the beach.




Thanksgiving dinner is at Aunt Becky's. Sure I loved the food and desserts, but the feeling of being around family and having fun was worth the trip. Here is my brother and my hubby.

The getting-ready socializing scene

The tablescape, complete with homemade cookies on each plate.
Probably the 1st time this year Robin in a white button down.

The desserts. Not sure if I can remember each one, but I'll try. Apple Spice cake, Chocolate Kahlua cheesecake, Blueberry pie, Almond raspberry tart, Fruit crumble pie, cupcakes with mango glaze, pumpkin trifle, chocolate raspberry torte. My mom's blueberry pie took 1st prize in Uncle Aaron's annual dessert contest.

Robin & Cousin Norah

I think I might need to save December happenings for the next post. We have had visits from grandparents, a great grandparent, Tom & Amy and a birthday celebration so far this month. Happy 3rd birthday, Robinson and hooray for potty training! (knock on wood) I'll post again soon. I promise. Happy holidays and remember all of the good in others and in you. The hustle and bustle can get stressful, try to breathe deep and focus on the happy.
Much love,
Katie

1 comment:

Amy said...

I still look at the blog... not that I am in ANY position for commenting on the frequency of updates...

Anyway, congrats on the potty training! That is really great. On this end, the belly is expanding daily and all is well!